If you find purpose in helping people recover their lives and marriages from conflict, pornography addiction, betrayal and other challenges we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Master's level, licensed therapist to join our online counselling team. We are a well-established and rapidly growing counselling agency distributed across Canada, serving clients in many different locations using video-based counselling calls. We have been doing online counselling for over 12 years and can help you adapt if you are new to this!
This is a contract position suited to those who prefer to save marriages whenever possible and if it is safe to do so. Right now, we are looking for candidates with:
- Marriage and Family Therapy degrees who work from a systemic approach
- An effective trauma modality in their toolkit and/or Emotionally Focussed Couples Therapy training (Externship + Core Skills) or would be willing to complete these within six months of starting with us
- Availability to work 20-25 client hours per week within a few months of starting with us
Choose from these niches:
- Male and female pornography and sex addicts
- Betrayed spouses needing trauma treatment
- Betraying spouses with underlying attachment and trauma issues
- Marriages in conflict and distress
- Other marriage-related concerns such as domestic violence, infertility, military or long-distance, grief, mental health, etc.
- From a wide variety of backgrounds, but over 1/2 our clients are of the Christian faith
Requirements for Application
- Master's level and/or licensed in counseling, psychology, MFT or social work
- Resident of Canada
- Post-graduate training in marriage therapy, trauma and/or addictions
- Ability to employ empirically validated or clinically proven approaches from an integrated Christian worldview
- Experience with or understanding of trauma-informed treatment
- Comfortable with technology and online scheduling
- Plays well with others!
Why Our Therapists Love Working @ OYF
- Weekly group consultation with the Clinical Director and our team (a very positive, collaborative sharing environment)
- Support from our Clinical Director as you need it
- Set your own hours
- Work from anywhere that is private and has a good Internet connection
- Competitive pay rate (even against private practice) plus honest, transparent remuneration practices
- We bring you the clients, fill your schedule, provide the paperwork, forms and systems to do the work
- No overhead costs to work for us
- Almost zero admin work: our business processes are streamlined and automated so you can just focus on your counselling
- Client payment is handled outside the session
- We'll train you on our systems and show you how to adapt your in-room skills to the Zoom environment (even for EMDR!)