Note: Sharon is on medical leave until January, 2021.
I have been involved in the Social Services field for 30 years, with the past six years focussing on trauma and its impact on individuals and families. While raising our four children, I participated in ongoing professional development relating to trauma, grief, loss, and domestic violence, and provided pro bono counselling services within my local and church communities.
Most recently, I worked five years volunteering with Victim Services as Crisis Responder and Team Leader allowing me the privilege of sitting alongside survivors in their most vulnerable moments. Additionally, I worked for three years in a Mental Health and Addictions agency and gained valuable experience and insight observing how trauma impacts mental health and addiction. Outside of work you will find me reading, walking/jogging towards the goal of running a half marathon, visiting with friends, and spending time with my husband, adult children, and two adorable grandsons.
My therapeutic relationships are built on unconditional acceptance, respect, and trust.
I believe that you are the expert of your own experience. I create a safe and compassionate space where you can unlock inner strength, find healing, and restore growth.
My treatment includes evidence-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness, Internal Family Systems (IFS), Attachment-Focused Therapy, and Somatic Experiencing™. Using a trauma-informed and integrative approach, I collaborate with you to explore your own story and discover hope.
- Crisis and trauma
- Grief and loss
- Mental health
- Adolescents and young adults
- Chronic Pain
Education, Certifications & Training
- Social Service Worker diploma
- Registered Social Service Worker (#828186) with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Grief and Loss certificate
- Somatic Experiencing – Intermediate
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- CPI - Non-violent Crisis Intervention
- MADD Death Notification Training
- Indigenous Cultural Safety Training