I am a registered Psychotherapist and hold a Masters degree in Divinity and Clinical Counselling from Tyndale University.
Early in my professional career I received my Bachelor of Nursing Science degree and worked as a Registered Pediatric Nurse. However, after a season of loss in my own life (including the loss of our first two children) I came to see that healing from a loss was difficult and that there were few resources available. God used this to send my career along a new and exciting trajectory as a psychotherapist working with individuals and couples. I’ve worked in diverse clinical settings including hospitals, medical offices, schools, camps, churches and private practice seeing individuals, couples and group sessions.
In my spare time I love to spend time with my husband and our four grown children who live all over the world. I also love to spend time cycling, running and cross country skiing with family and friends.
By working together in a non-judgmental atmosphere of safety and trust, I can offer you the chance to explore your goals as an individual or couple.
I apply an integrative approach where you can problem-solve and begin the road to healing using Internal Family Systems (IFS), Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFCT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and Narrative Therapy.
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Trauma of infertility, miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Trauma from childhood abuse (sexual, physical, neglect)
- Anxiety, depression and other mood concerns
- Self esteem and body image issues
- Teens and young adults
- Premarital counselling
- Relationship issues, interpersonal distress, infidelity, separation, divorce
- Stress related to an acute or chronic illness
Education, Certifications & Training
- Masters of Divinity and Clinical Counselling
- Registered Psychotherapist (CRPO #004520)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- IFS Skills Training
- EFCT Level 1 training (externship and core skills)
- Enrich training- premarital counselling
- CBT certificate
- Narrative Therapy training
- Death and Grief studies certificate
- Trauma Integration Practitioner