MAMFT, RCC-ACS, CSAT
I am the co-founder of OnlyYouForever and co-host of The Marriage Podcast for Smart People. I work with individuals dealing with infidelity, betrayal, abuse, trauma and pornography or sex addiction. Outside of work, you’ll find me playing catch with my girls, hugging my wife or in my woodworking shop. I also am heavily involved in my local church and other ministries.
My work with you begins with taking the time to really understand your story and your challenges before collaborating with you to set some clear goals. I approach clients with a mix of psychoeducation and talk therapy, leaning heavily on family systems concepts, attachment and trauma informed treatment.
Clients typically tell me that they feel very safe working with me: I have a calm and steady presence that creates a safe working space for them to work through very challenging issues that they may have faced for a long time.
My counselling interventions and treatments are research-based and delivered out of a Christian worldview. I take an integrationist approach to my work and work hard to create a non-judgmental space for clients to work through difficult issues.
- Porn & sex addiction
- Infidelity & betrayal recovery (for either spouse)
- Chronic or "pathological" lying
- Trauma from abuse, assault & betrayal
- Earned Secure Attachment
- Church & mission consultation for ministry failure
Education, Certifications & Training
- Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy
- Registered Clinical Counsellor and Approved Clinical Supervisor (#4323) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (#2017-2552)
- Emotionally Focussed Couples Therapy - Level 1
- Gottman Couples Therapy - Level 1
- Imago Relationship Theory
- Ideal Parent Figure Protocol
- Brainspotting Level 3
- Adults Enmeshed with a Parent