I have a Master of Divinity in Clinical Counselling and I am a member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. I am also a member of the Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists.
As a campus leader in my undergraduate studies, I found that I was moved with compassion to support my peers in their life situations. I transformed this into a love for counselling and after completing my Bachelor degree, I eagerly pursued this area of full-time study. Since then, I have trained and worked in numerous settings -treating a wide variety of populations.
When I’m not counselling, you would find me spending time with friends and family. I’m a singer and songwriter, who enjoys board games, live music and the theatre.I love to travel and try new things. In the last few years, I’ve enjoyed travelling to Thailand, Honduras and more recently, New Zealand.
Working with clients from all walks of life has taught me that hope and suffering can co-exist. I’ve had the honour of hearing thousands of hours of client’s stories and I’ve come to learn that the resilience of human beings is remarkable. My therapeutic style tends to be integrative, flexible, and creative.
I use research-informed interventions and techniques.
I’m trained in Cognitive Behavioural techniques, Emotion Focused techniques and Family Systems theory, and more. I believe there are numerous ways to find healing. I enjoy working with couples, individuals and families in need of support.
- Relationship - enhancement, conflict-resolution, infidelity, communication and intimacy
- Life Transitions
- Depression / Anxiety / Mood Issues
- Self -Esteem, confidence, assertiveness training
Education, Certifications & Training
- Registered psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario #004937
- Member of the Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists
- Bachelor of Theology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Certificate
- Gottman’s Emotion Coaching
- Trauma training