MAMFT, CAMFT Associate, CCC
I thoroughly enjoy working with couples and families! Regardless of your challenges, I am committed to walking with you through relational difficulties, transitions to new stages of life, betrayal, or other difficulties.
While my roots are in the East Coast of Canada, I now live in rural Alberta, building a hobby farm with my family. I recognize the strength and beauty in family and enjoy spending time outside working with my children and extended family and baking and sharing conversations and meals.
Creating a safe and open space for connection is essential to the work you and I will do together. I make room for both the pain that needs to be felt and the healing that follows. I am trauma-informed and trauma-trained, using both narrative therapy and emotionally focussed therapy approaches through an attachment lens.
I am curious, non-judgmental, empathic and supportive of your autonomy. Every therapy journey is unique, and your goals for therapy are my priority.
- Couples and Marriage Therapy
- Family relationships and systems (larger/connecting relationships)
- Family of origin work (Nuclear or childhood family)
- Blended families
- Betrayal recovery
- Attachment and childhood trauma
- Life transitions
Education, Certifications & Training
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Canadian Certified Counsellor with CCPA (#10009045)
- Associate Member of CAMFT (#20171173)
- NVCI Non-violent Crisis Intervention
- Neufeld Institute Intensive 1 – Making Sense of Kids
- Foundations in Therapeutic Play Skills
- ASIST 11 – Centre for Suicide Prevention (CMHA)
- Trauma Competency Training Certificate