MA, CPC, CSAT
A registered counsellor since 2009, my experience includes extensive work with couples and families seeking to strengthen and/or rebuild their relationships. I also help individuals with issues such as addiction, anxiety, depression, and anger management.
My graduate studies include both clinical and theological emphases but both are grounded on real life experience. My counselling studies began more than 20 years into my marriage after a 23 year engineering career and just as my daughters were launching their own careers.
Authenticity, transparency, and collaboration are personal values that guide my counselling work.
I consider effective counselling to be the fruit of a relationship based on trust and collaborative problem solving. Trust is built as you become confident you are understood. And growth follows from being deeply heard and valued. Problems are solved as you integrate practical strategies that align with your values.
I believe relationship conflict is often about frustrated dreams and unmet legitimate needs. Learning how to listen and speak to those dreams and needs in new ways helps couples experience hope and fulfillment in their relationships.
- Relationship counselling - premarital, couple, family
- Sexual addiction
- Spiritual matters
- Navigating life’s milestones
- Mental health matters
Education, Certifications & Training
- Masters of Arts (Christian Counselling)
- Certified Professional Counsellor (PACCP #20140175)
- Emotionally Focused Couples’ Therapy Level 1
- Gottman Couples Therapy Level 1 & 2
- Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT #2017-2541)
- InRoads Mentorship in Addiction Support (AHS)